CESD is currently recruiting one Research Associate for Food Security Policy and Rural Development Program. Application closed on Friday 17, March 2017.
The Job Description for the Communication and Information Assistant role is provided below, and also available for downloading via the following link:
The Centre for Economic and Social Development (CESD) is a leading think tank in Myanmar supporting evidence-based policy making while dedicating to result-based knowledge sharing and people-centred public advocacy; The Centre undertakes participatory research studies related to economic reforms, sustainable development, and good governance in Myanmar. It also provides training and education services for key stakeholders, public institutions and private sector organizations contributing to economic transformation of Myanmar. The Centre implements special projects and provides technical assistance and support services to various government agencies and local institutions while actively engaging in public and advocacy and dissemination. CESD is an independent, non-political and registered organization, and is seeking applications for the following vacancy from dynamic Myanmar nationals or expatriate foreigner who are motivated to support CESD’s mission on transforming Myanmar through peaceful, sustainable and inclusive development. CESD team members will have the opportunity to be deeply involved in Myanmar’s social and economic development activities during this historic period of transformation.
Job Title : Research Associate
Number of position : 1
Location : Yangon, with potential travel to Nay Pyi Taw and field
Duration of Contract : One year (with the possibility of extension)
Main purpose of the job: To support research functions and operations of a food security policy and rural development program consisting of rural household surveys, case studies, risk and impact assessments, agribusiness value chain assessments, research training and policy advocacy.
Scope of job: Research Planning for Methodology and Implementation, Secondary Data Research, Field Research, Report Writing, External Relations.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with Research Supervisor, other Research Associates, international experts and other researchers for research planning and implementation
- Work in a team to implement an intensive schedule of scoping missions, pretests, research trainings, surveys, case studies, risks and impact assessments, and policy advocacy events
- Assist in data entry, cleaning and analysis
- Write reports in collaboration with other researchers
- Attend internal trainings and relevant external events
- Participate in CESD’s evidence-based policy formation discussions
- Advocate for policy changes to government departments
- Help prepare reports for internal monitoring as well as for fulfillment of donor requirements
- Nurture good practices of information sharing and a learning environment among members of the research department
- Other assignments in accordance with the scope of work as delegated by the research supervisor This duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive; it merely outlines the key duties and responsibilities of the post. Any changes to this job description will be made in consultation with the post holder.
Qualification and attributes:
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters Degree in relevant field (Public Policy, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Agribusiness, Rural Development) preferred
- 3 years experience in research, preferably in agricultural economics, food security, agri-business or value chain studies
- Experience with various field research methodologies
- Experience working with government, business or civil society (multi-sector experience preferred)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Myanmar languages
- Ability and willingness to travel within Myanmar
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in tight timeframe
- Good communication skills and ability to build amiable relationships with coworkers
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV or resume to email@example.com (or) Centre for Economic and Social Development, No. 27, Pyay Road, Hlaing Township, Yangon (behind 6 and half miles bus stop) by 17th March 2017. CESD will contact only shortlisted candidates for an interview. CESD is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from minority and under-represented groups. Learn more about CESD at www.myanmarcesd.org.
Application Deadline: 17th March 2017.