CESD draws on both domestic and international expertise to produce original, high-quality research and programming. CESD focuses on issues under three program areas:
- macroeconomic reform,
- inclusive development, and
CESD’s approach involves:
- engagement with policy makers and implementers to support economic, political and administrative reform in Myanmar,
- in depth field and desk research to support evidence-based policy recommendations
- capacity building program, including training sessions and workshops, for various stakeholders, including senior civil servants, representatives from local government ministries, community leaders, and members of non-governmental organizations. Training covers a range of topics, including public budgeting, governance, women’s participation in governance and good governance. These programs aim to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to critically analyze research findings, engage in policy discussions, and influence key decision-makers.
- consultations with diverse stakeholder groups, for example Myanmar Government ministries and administrative bodies, business representatives, chambers of commerce, and civil society organisations,
- policy dialogue,
- advocacy, and
Through these processes, CESD builds the capacity of stakeholders to derive and implement essential policy recommendations that foster successful reform and development processes in Myanmar.