The Myanmar Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (MEITI) invited representatives from local non government organisations to a presentation and question and answer session on the first MEITI Report, submitted to the EITI International Secretariat in January 2016.
Dr Maung Maung Thein, Chairman of the MEITI Multi Stakeholder Group (MSG) and Deputy Minister of Finance provided opening remarks at the meeting, together with Dr Zaw Oo, MEITI National Coordinator and CESD Executive Director.
Presentations on the following topics were given:
- An overview of the first MEITI Report, presented by the MEITI Coordination Office,
- An overview of the oil and gas sector, presented by the Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE),
- A presentation on the mining sector, delivered by the Ministry of Mines
- Recommendations made by civil society organisations in the first MEITI report.
A question and answer session was also provided, with panelists including the MSG Chair, representatives from the government, private sector, and civil society sector.
A copy of the agenda and letter of invitation, provided to representatives of non government organisations, is available below:
- Invitation letter and agenda (PDF; Myanmar and English language; 2 pages; 194 Kb)