The Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI) released it’s publication, “Sharing the wealth: A roadmap for distributing Myanmar’s natural resource revenues” in February 2016. A number of CESD’s research papers, notably on governance structures and arrangements, are referenced in the publication.
The NRGI publication outlines options available under Myanmar’s current legal structure to assist the government with decentralizing natural resource revenues. It also informs a broader discussion on how best to distribute natural resource revenues.
CESD’s research and papers referenced in the NRGI publication are as follows:
- Local Development Funds in Myanmar: An Initial Review (with The Asia Foundation and ActionAid Myanmar), October 2015
- State and region public finances in Myanmar (with The Asia Foundation), September 2015
- Fiscal decentralization in Myanmar: towards a roadmap for reform, (with The Asia Foundation and UK Department for International Development (DFID)), June 2014
- Natural resources and subnational governments: key considerations for wealth sharing (with The Asia Foundation and DFID), June 2014
- State and region governments in Myanmar (with The Asia Foundation), September 2013
The NRGI publication, by Andrew Bauer, Paul Shortell and Lorenzo Delesgues, is available on the NRGI website: www.resourcegovernance.org
The publication can also be accessed via the link below:
- Sharing the wealth: A roadmap for distributing Myanmar’s natural resource revenues (PDF; English language; 64 pages; 11,877 Kb)