Mai Betty is an Administrative and Research Assistant at CESD, coordinating activities and interaction amongst research teams, administrators and government officials, assisting with administrative and logistical arrangements, and maintaining documentation.
Mai Betty has supported a number of diverse projects at CESD, including the governance team’s projects involving the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the World Bank.
Prior to joining CESD, Mai Betty worked at the Myanmar Centre for Responsible Business (undertaking data entry) and was distribution manager at Chin World Media. She has also been a member of the board of directors of the Ethnic Youth Development Center since 2012.
- Myanmar, Chin and English
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Yangon University of Computer Studies, 2011
- Diploma of International Relations, Yangon University, 2013
- Coauthor, “Subnational Public Financial Management in Myanmar”, funded by JICA
- Introduction to STATA, International Growth Centre, 2016
- Certificate course – Accountability, Transparency and Local Governance, Action Aid Myanmar, 2015
- Certificate course in Basic Diplomatic Skills, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 2015
- Postgraduate certificate in Peace, Democracy and Development, Myanmar Development Resource Institute – Centre of International and Strategic Studies, 2014