MDRI-CESD and The Asia Foundation released their report “Natural resources and subnational governance in Myanmar: key considerations for wealth sharing” on 17 June 2014 at the International Business Centre, Yangon.
Report authors Mari Oye and Thet Aung Lynn presented the findings from the report, addressing three key questions:
- What are the current roles of national and subnational governments in natural resource management and revenue flows in Myanmar?
- What discussions of natural resource wealth sharing are currently taking place?
- What are the potential benefits, risks, and economic trade-offs involved?
The event featured introductory remarks by Dr Win Min, a member of MDRI-CESD’s Executive Team, and Kim Ninh, Myanmar Country Director for The Asia Foundation.
- Press release: New report maps subnational role in Myanmar natural resource governance
- Report: Natural resources and subnational governments